I started playing golf when I was 12 years old at Boston Golf Club. Initially I played as a hobby but as I progressed within the game and took the sport more seriously, I began to see there might be a future for me in golf. After I left school I qualified as a greenkeeper but playing golf was my passion and I decided to leave greenkeeping and concentrate on playing amateur competitions across the country.
I played full time amateur golf for five years, with a regular place in the Lincolnshire county first team. In 2007 I won the Local Final Qualifying at Monifieth to qualify for the Open Championship at Carnoustie. Unfortunately I missed the cut but it was an amazing experience which I hope to repeat!
I turned professional in March 2012. I was joint winner at the First Stage Qualifying for the EuroPro Tour at Stoke by Nayland and went on to gain my EuroPro playing rights finishing 77th on the EuroPro Order of merit that year.
In 2013 I had my first professional win at the Mar Hall.com Scottish Classic. I finished the year in 4th position on the Order of Merit which gave me a Challenge Tour category for 2014.
2014 was an amazing year. I finished 39th on the Challenge Tour rankings with a 2nd place finish in Turkey and a 3rd place in Belgium. It was a huge learning curve with so much foreign travel and I loved every minute of it.
I didn’t have the results I had hoped for in 2015. Finishing T11 at the Lyoness Open my first European Tour event was really encouraging and I loved playing on the European Tour. I have taken lots of positives from the year and I hope to build on them, practise hard and have a successful 2016.
• 1st in the Tillman Trophy with a course record in round one.
• 2nd in Regional Qualifying for the Open Championship
• 2nd at the South of England Links Trophy
• 4th in the Lee Westwood Trophy
• 5th in the Welsh Amateur Open Stroke Play Championship
• 7th in the Berkhamsted Trophy
• 8th in Local Qualifying for the Open Championship
• 10th in the Brabazon Trophy (England Men’s Stroke Play Championship)
• 14th in Titleist Footjoy EGU Order of Merit
• 1st in the Lagonda Trophy
• Reached the Semi-finals in the English Amateur Open Championship
• 7th in the St Andrews Links Trophy
• 10th in Titleist Footjoy EGU Order of Merit
• 1st in the Ealing Scratch Open
• 1st in the Lincolnshire Open
• 2nd in the Birkdale Silver Goblet
• Reached the last 16 in the English Amateur Open Championship
Email: Click Here
2013 EuroPro Tour
• Won the Mar Hall.com Scottish Classic
• 2nd in the Hotel Planner.com Championship
• Finished 4th on the EuroPro Order of Merit
2012 EuroPro Tour
• T18 Your Golf Travel Classic
• T17 Mar Hall.com Scottish Classic
• Finished 77th on the EuroPro Order of Merit
2015 Challenge and European Tours
• T11 in Lyoness Open (first European Tour event)
• T5 in Fred Olsen Challenge de Espana
• T8 in Northern Ireland Open
2014 Challenge Tour
• T2 in the Turkish Airlines Challenge
• T3 in the Belgian Challenge Open
• T9 in the Open de Blue Green Cotes d’Armor Bretagne
• Finished 39th on the Challenge Tour Order of Merit
I was chosen by the EGU to spend four months in Australia at the beginning of the year playing for Waverley GC in the Pennant Series. Whilst there I was able to play in individual events including the Australian Amateur Strokeplay Championship where my final round 65 forced a play off which I lost to a birdie.
• 2nd in the Australian Amateur Strokeplay Championship
• Reached quarter finals in the Australian Amateur Matchplay
• 3rd in the Tasmanian Open
• Last 16 in the English Amateur Championship
• T9 in the Lee Westwood Trophy
• Played in the European Men’s Team Championship in
• Played in the victorious England Team in the Home Internationals in Ireland
Website sponsored and built by Bray Design